Auto-identify not working anymore

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Lorkas

Auto-identify not working anymore

Post by Lorkas » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:34 pm

The system that automatically identified any loot that your lore is high enough to identify when you open a container isn't working anymore (at least not on Cities and Planes).

I really hope that it's not deliberate! That was one of my favorite quality-of-life changes of all time (of the changes I can remember, only Crafting IDs beat it out!).

Septire

Re: Auto-identify not working anymore

Post by Septire » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:34 pm

Really? I still see the code for it. I'll look into it, thanks.

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:45 pm

Looks to me like it's all better after the reset.

Edit: scratch that, I'm seeing stuff that I have enough lore to identify not being identified until I examine it again now.

Septire

Post by Septire » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:47 am

Is it just one item on the corpse (Search bonus item), or multiple items on the corpse?

I made a small change to the script. I think it might have been the bonus search item being excluded, so there's a 0.1 second delay on the auto-ID part of the code to ensure all items are generated before it fires.

If it is happening across multiple items on NPC corpses after this fix, let me know.

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:31 am

I've had to examine items from corpses and also from chests. I'll let you know if I still see it happening today.

Edit: now it seems totally fine for corpses but I'm still having to examine things in chests, which has me wondering if the script ever applied to chests (and also has me wondering if I just misremembered having to identify things from a corpse yesterday).

Edit 2: I just had to examine some items from a dead ogre on the surface server before it identified them

Mango Reinhardt

Post by Mango Reinhardt » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:56 am

From what I've noticed, there are multiple items, usually gems, that show up as unidentified on corpses. However, if you loot them normally without examining them, they seem to be identified upon entering your bag, and will even stack with existing items where applicable.
"Well hello, consumer, yes hello consumer bop bop bop bop be da bup bebop cola~ yeah~!"

gilescorey

Post by gilescorey » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:51 am

Mango Reinhardt wrote:From what I've noticed, there are multiple items, usually gems, that show up as unidentified on corpses. However, if you loot them normally without examining them, they seem to be identified upon entering your bag, and will even stack with existing items where applicable.
This is what is happening in my experience, as well.

Septire

Post by Septire » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:03 am

I'm experiencing the same. Not sure why it's happening still, the code seems to be identifying them, because grabbing them seems to cause them to stack, as mentioned here. Really confused by this one, since there's been no changes to that section of code in recent updates.

The Melancholy Harmony

Post by The Melancholy Harmony » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:11 am

Throwing it out there, could be the code for the new search feature messing with it? i noticed it around the time that feature came into play.
Dr_Hazard89 wrote:Not sure if halfling or slutty child.
IG Quotes
Aumus Marque wrote:I'm a pink unicorn!!!!

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:30 pm

Septire wrote:I'm experiencing the same. Not sure why it's happening still, the code seems to be identifying them, because grabbing them seems to cause them to stack, as mentioned here. Really confused by this one, since there's been no changes to that section of code in recent updates.
Aaah the best of issues. Codebase has not been touched for ages, bugs out anyway for unknown reason.

cornelius_4
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by cornelius_4 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:20 pm

I've noticed that unidentified items are identified if I open a corpse loot twice. This does somewhat suggest that items added from search are added after the identify code runs.

Shadofury

Post by Shadofury » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:52 pm

the items that dont id in the corpse or box still id once you touch them to loot, it may just be a delay issue, but not a major one by any means

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:55 pm

Is this ever gonna get fixed :'(

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:09 pm

cornelius_4 wrote:I've noticed that unidentified items are identified if I open a corpse loot twice. This does somewhat suggest that items added from search are added after the identify code runs.
Feels like the Auto-identify code runs before the loot/treasure is generated maybe, why the second time it works.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:24 pm

Mine auto ID when I put them in my inventory?

AllTheWorld

Post by AllTheWorld » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:50 pm

Rwby wrote:Mine auto ID when I put them in my inventory?
Mine do the same. However, it's frustrating because I'm incredibly picky with what I snatch up and I tend to want to know what it is before clicking. It makes sense to be picky too! I realise it sounds totally like a first world problem kind of thing, but let me pose a scenario IC:

Your character opens a treasure chest and lo and behold! There's treasure! Some of it is gold, some armour, a weapon and some rings. Damn, those rings look so sparkly, they must be good! But it's a damned good thing you have a high lore score and recognise a cursed item when you see one, even one touch of that ring might have spelled out your death! Instead, because you've recognised the danger, you carefully take everything except for the cursed ring.
No one else has ever loved this way before.

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:32 am

AllTheWorld wrote:
Rwby wrote:Mine auto ID when I put them in my inventory?
Mine do the same. However, it's frustrating because I'm incredibly picky with what I snatch up and I tend to want to know what it is before clicking. It makes sense to be picky too! I realise it sounds totally like a first world problem kind of thing, but let me pose a scenario IC:

Your character opens a treasure chest and lo and behold! There's treasure! Some of it is gold, some armour, a weapon and some rings. Damn, those rings look so sparkly, they must be good! But it's a damned good thing you have a high lore score and recognise a cursed item when you see one, even one touch of that ring might have spelled out your death! Instead, because you've recognised the danger, you carefully take everything except for the cursed ring.
Well,you can still discover what they are while they are inside the chest(by using examine) it just doesnt do it automatically sometimes
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde