Vampire Server Suck 2 - The Retconning

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Vampire Server Suck 2 - The Retconning

Post by Skibbles » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:49 pm

Description of Bug Experienced:
I'm not sure if this is a vampire bug but the coincidence is way too outrageous to ignore.

At approximately 0723 PST surface went down hard, inside Gnitaheithr.

[Redacted] died in battle, and it displayed at least fifty times before the server did a hard crash (Screenshot).

This happened a few weeks ago, where a Hassan Fezim (rolled now, so unredacted), died in a similar manner. The log displayed a massive dump of deaths and hard crash.

Why is this a vampire bug? Because both Hassan and [Redacted] had offered blood to a vampire just earlier. I think they're dying in a strange way that's taking them close to the CON debuff and then going haywire when the engine does the 'lose all wards' on god save.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
1) Be vampire.
2) Snack on someone.
3) Someone dies because they have less CON than they're used to.
4) (Screenshot), then huge crash.

Expected Result:
Vampires suck the life out of the living.

Actual Result:
Vampire suck the life out of the devs instead.

Screenshot(s)
https://imgur.com/arIQNZY

Additional Information/Notes
Last time this happened in the UD, and it was down for at least an hour. Surface bounced back much quicker this time.

Also I want to add that on both deaths I'm pretty sure I heard the death cry and then Greater Sanctuary sound effect - indicating the character was god saved. There's no way for me to prove that part on my end, but I think it's related.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.