Poison Duration Bug

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Dr. B

Poison Duration Bug

Post by Dr. B » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:49 am

I'm getting a bug where a poison (cave terror) is lasting too long. In some cases the effect seems to last forever, in other cases the effect goes away but is still noted in the item description, making it impossible to reapply the poison. The effect lasts even after the green VFX goes away.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Poison Duration Bug

Post by ActionReplay » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:19 pm

Dr. B wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:49 am
I'm getting a bug where a poison (cave terror) is lasting too long. In some cases the effect seems to last forever, in other cases the effect goes away but is still noted in the item description, making it impossible to reapply the poison. The effect lasts even after the green VFX goes away.
Could be you have another OnHit: Unique Spell Ability on the weapon? Like Spellsword or Blackstaff for instance? If such a prop is already available on the weapon you can't apply Custom Poisons.

Dr. B

Post by Dr. B » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:49 pm

No. It has nothing other than a perma-essence.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:10 pm

I can confirm what Dr. B described. Also, I’ve noticed other On Hit: Unique Spell abilities like Holy Sword doing the same thing every now and then.

To me, it seemed like the timers of these temporary properties refresh themselves on some melee attacks. So, not necessarily an issue linked to the scripting of poisons, but rather the implementation of these custom on hit effects.

Dr. B

Post by Dr. B » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:15 am

Update: I've discovered that the issue has to do with using assassinate, and that there are a few bugs here. One of them is this: if you use the assassinate feat, you will not be able to apply poison to your weapon until at least the next reset. Instead you'll get a message saying that "the weapon is already coated with poison".

Artenides

Post by Artenides » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:21 am

Yes, -assassinate is using the same onHit event. Let me have a look at this.
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"