Spellsword - Some imbues only procing twice per round

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

liver and bones

Spellsword - Some imbues only procing twice per round

Post by liver and bones » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:10 pm

Issue: Despite attacked creature failing the DC three times within a round, the on-hit imbue will only proc twice at most per round. Uncertain if this relates to every single imbue, but it does affect the electric imbue for certain and possibly the negative (will continue testing for the negative).

Dragonfyre

Re: Spellsword - Some imbues only procing twice per round

Post by Dragonfyre » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:11 am

My character's a spellsword too, and I've noticed this as well. Here's some screenshots of my combat log. The negative imbue on-hit effect fired twice in a row on the first round, and granted my character hp reflecting the amount of damage dealt to the giant accordingly (full hp at start of combat, hence the "healed 0 hit points" bit). Thereafter, it seems to only apply hp per dmg dealt every other hit where a will save was failed. The spell used for this imbue was Finger of Death.

ImageImage
Active character(s): Emelina Selizar - A Slave No More

Others: Shea Webber (Retired and wandering the wilds with her beloved Xellree)

msheeler
Contributor
Contributor

Post by msheeler » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:09 am

As per updates found here.

Spellsword
----------
- INT damage scaling removed.
- Discipline bonus now granted as a flat +15 bonus at class level 28.
- Armor Imbues disabled until critical issues involving Breach (in)vulnerability and stacking are resolved.
- Each Weapon Imbue effect may now only activate once per flurry (once every 2 seconds).
- Spellswords may no longer imbue their weapons using spells from their barred school.

Dragonfyre

Post by Dragonfyre » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:13 am

msheeler wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:09 am
- Each Weapon Imbue effect may now only activate once per flurry (once every 2 seconds).
My character currently has 3 attacks per round, at +31/+26/+21as shown in the screenshots above. According to this (screenshot of the relevant chart below), at 3 attacks per round, each of those attacks consists of one flurry. It should be firing off on every one of them - not every second attack.

The "skipping attacks" part shouldn't come into effect until a character has at least 4 attacks per round, at which point it would fire on one attack and skip one attack from the 1st flurry, then fire off two more times in the round for the 3rd attack (2nd flurry) and 4th attack (3rd flurry).
Active character(s): Emelina Selizar - A Slave No More

Others: Shea Webber (Retired and wandering the wilds with her beloved Xellree)

Disciprine Come From Within

Post by Disciprine Come From Within » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:29 pm

The issue I believe has something to do with 2 factors. Sometimes combat goes faster than 2 seconds between flurries, and in the case of Lightning Imbue, it seems like the timer only kicks in after the animation finishes, and it's ball lightning animation is a long one.

msheeler
Contributor
Contributor

Post by msheeler » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:22 am

I stand corrected then. But TBH, I have tried every imbue and haven't seen one yet that fires on each attack with 3 APR.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:21 pm

The fact that the imbue procs on hit 1 & 2 in round 1, 1 & 3 in round 2, and 2 & 3 in round 3 is interesting, and I would be curious to know if that patter repeats.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

msheeler
Contributor
Contributor

Post by msheeler » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:40 pm

Tested sonic today and it fires on all three flurries.

Im mor 100%, but if the block timer is set after the vex are called, then the lag in applying the vfx (which is longest for lightning) could slow down the timer being applied, but the next flurry wouldn't be delayed. That is, the longer vfx would cause a longer than 2 second delay, meaning the block timer is not through before the next flurry was ready.

msheeler
Contributor
Contributor

Post by msheeler » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:46 pm

Baron Saturday wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:21 pm
The fact that the imbue procs on hit 1 & 2 in round 1, 1 & 3 in round 2, and 2 & 3 in round 3 is interesting, and I would be curious to know if that patter repeats.
It's also interesting that the will save fires on all the flurries, but the healing only on two, leads me to thing it's the application of the vfx. Should be an easy fix.