PDK Abilities don't work on summons

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

TimeAdept

PDK Abilities don't work on summons

Post by TimeAdept » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:13 am

PDK abilities like Rallying Cry, Final Stand, and Inspiring Courage don't appear to work on summons - or rather, if I mark a summon as -ward, it works, but otherwise nothing happens.

The abilities say they work on "affected allies", and the AoEs are not very big, so this seems like an oversight, and not a huge balance change to adjust.

TimeAdept

Re: PDK Abilities don't work on summons

Post by TimeAdept » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:45 am

(Specifically, I had issues affecting Mummy Dust - maybe it's something to do with the 'extra' summons and how they're tagged as henchmen?)

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:41 pm

A possible fix is in the pipeline.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:33 pm

Thanks for the quick response, appreciated.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:22 am

Don't know if you did anything, but Rallying Cry seemed to work today, Inspire Courage sometimes (?) worked, and Final Stand alternately worked on everything, or only on the one I had -Warded, or nothing at all, regardless of actual creature damage. Again, all Mummy Dust.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:06 am

(Back to not working at all, btw.)

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:19 pm

I'll just throw this in here as a general mention....

PDK Protector Path's Final Stand is only giving 5/+5 Damage reduction. The wiki says it should be 10/+5. Is this a bug or an incorrect wiki page?

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:31 am

This still occurs, as is the final stand 'issue'.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:02 am

Used Final Stand in the Malarite Temple today, and it did precisely nothing, despite going on cooldown. Animation and use completed, but I healed nothing and received no Dr or immunities, nor did my ally, my summon, or their summon SD Shadow.

Ramza

Post by Ramza » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:05 am

Thats odd I used Respite today too and it didn't work at all either.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:35 am

Used Final Stand today a bunch, and had a various combination of things happen while on Cities and Planes:

1: IT hit everyone, and worked just like it should.
2: It hit a miscellaneous combination of PCs and summons, where it would hit every PC but only some summons - but not myself.
3: It hit no one whatsoever despite being in the middle of 3 PCs and 2 summons.

I suspect Rallying Cry still has the same issue too, but hard to tell since Rally's a pretty low key visual effect.

I don't really tend to see this with Inspire Courage, but it's also not as easy to tell. With Final Stand it's pretty easy to see when someone is at 25% health but gets no healing whatsoever.

godhand-
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by godhand- » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:17 am

Havent checked consistency of this, but i have noticed last night protector path Shield/Inspire Courage immunity/DR seems to be only reducing
1 damage Immunity
1 damage DR
regardless of damage done OR if inspire courage is used (which should double the bonuses)

*Edit* Will confirm again tonight.
Cortex wrote: Addendum, the immediate above post by godhand is wrong in about every aspect, as were most of his other posts.

godhand-
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by godhand- » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:56 am

yeah i checked this again today and it seems to be 10% immunity no matter what if they are warded or the level. - Inspire courage has no effect.

"The Ward gains 5% + 1% per Knight Level damage immunity to all damage types" - should be 15% before inspire courage.
Cortex wrote: Addendum, the immediate above post by godhand is wrong in about every aspect, as were most of his other posts.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:32 am

Any insight on the above Ward and Protector bugs?

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:55 pm

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=21604&p=173955#p173955

Also the Shield Immunity buff is 5 + Level/2. While 5 + Level is what was given out it's pretty explicit in the comments that it's suppose to be level/2

Fixed Inspire courage immunity.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Alright then, I guess I've just been playing a hugely nerfed class the entire time with no way to access the actual information about what my class did because the incorrect information is what was "given out" and is what the entire playerbase has been working with the entire time the class changes have been out.

Guess that sucks for everyone playing PDK to actually use the class.

Any chance we get to actually use the class as advertised or do we just eat the 33% 'nerf' because we got told 15% but it's 'meant to be' (?) 10%?

Thank you for fixing Inspire Courage and other related bugs to the class. Just frustrating to now be told something is "as intended" despite the patchnotes for the overhaul ,released months ago, are ust wrong and the fix isn't to fix to the patch notes, it's to say 'deal with it, the code says this'.

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:32 pm

For some level of 'hugely'. I dropped my PDK/DD because the DD Stance doesn't work well. Always loved the PDK half. Bring along a Bard and you suddenly have gods on the front line.
~~~~~~
Badger
Wynn
RIP: Paddy