Ressurection at Shrine bug

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Ken-X

Ressurection at Shrine bug

Post by Ken-X » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:30 pm

So, the last two nights I have tragically died on my Weave Master, and have been picked up both times, but nothing happens when people tries to ress me at a Shrine. Last night a DM was online, and transfered me back among the living, but tonight it seems no DM is online or is busy with something else.

But the topic here is why I cant be ressed at shrines. Is it because I'm playing a Weave Master or something else? Anyway, it would be nice if this bug or whatever it is, could be fixed.

Lorkas

Re: Ressurection at Shrine bug

Post by Lorkas » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:27 am

Which shrine(s)? Not all work, and from time to time people who aren't aware of this fact can spend a good long while trying something that doesn't work.

Seekeepeek

Post by Seekeepeek » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:55 am

i never really figured out how the new raise by altar work.
i tried twice and nothing happened.
your just suppose to lay it close to an alter and then pray at the altar?

Ken-X

Post by Ken-X » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:21 am

Both times I died near Mayfield's, so they carried me to the shrine there. I've used the exact same shrine to ress a band of fallen companions just a few days ago on another character, so I know this shrine works as intended.

That's why I suspect my Weave Master to be bugged somehow, and could it be because I'm playing a legacy class?

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:11 am

I don't think that the script would check what class you are, so I'd doubt that's it. I don't know though.

Ken-X

Post by Ken-X » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:40 am

For the record, first time it happened someone was trying to ress me with a Book of Souls after the shrine failed, but with the same outcome, by the way.

So something is definitely wrong, i'm just not sure what causes it, so I'm hoping a dev is seeing this and will look into it.

My character is Anibal Gifford, level 8 Weave Master.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:53 pm

Nothing with the raise scripts would check for class. And raising would not affect a Weave Master any differently than a normal class.

Players need to drop the body near the altar to raise the person by parting. Or by using the book with the body on the ground. My suspicion is that they are trying to do it all in the inventory.

If I’m around I’ll kill you and toy with it. :twisted:

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Undulat

Post by Undulat » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:47 pm

One of my characters was there with him both times. Second time was not at Mayfield's but at the wayshrine next to Cave of the Mound.

I've raised a lot of people at these shrines since the system was implemented without problems. First time at Mayfield's some hin passed by and also couldn't get him raised via the shrine then tried to cast a raise from Book of Souls on him in standard fashion (ie. not in his inventory or something like that), the spell registering in my log but no effect.

Second time at the Cave of Mound shrine we were also at least two different players trying to raise him by praying in turn, and four others standing around, the corpse sprawled next to the shrine as per normal. Prayed for a long time at both attempts, many times what it usually takes.
Last edited by Undulat on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ken-X

Post by Ken-X » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:56 pm

Ah, Cave of the Mound then. It's hard to tell when I'm on another server and dead, but I imagined it was Mayfield's.

If you want to, Spyre, you are welcome to contact me in game when we're both online, and test it yourself?