Server Connection Issues...

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

StoneSpiritus

Server Connection Issues...

Post by StoneSpiritus » Sat May 27, 2017 8:36 pm

Hi everybody! Short time lurker/player, first time caller.

I have recently started playing Arelith again, and have been having a blast. Still love the community like normal, and pretty happy about the small changes I have been finding and seeing, been loving my experience so far! So, a friend of mine became interested, has an uninstalled copy of NwN and all expansions, and wanted me to help get him playin'. He's not so computer savy, so I told him I would help with the install. Now I am to a point, on his laptop, where I can get NwN fired up with the NWNCX, and get to the realm listing, on 1.69, and jump in to servers. Only thing is, I can't get him logged on to Arelith, by realm listing with the NWNCX, or direct connect. I keep getting a the error "Attempting to find server" ... "Server found: attempting to log in" ... "Connection to server failed" ... "Connection to server timed out".

Where when I go to log on to other servers, for instance, Ravenloft or Cormyr, it just dumps me right in to the character vault at character customization. Then, after, promps me to download their .hak files. So I am not sure? Kinda stumped. The copy of the game is an official NwN Diamond edition, yada yada, everything seems fine. Singleplayer works, and I am connecting with other servers. What do you suppose I try?

I have downloaded the critical rebuild 1.69 and regular 1.69, downloaded nwncx, and I think thats it? Is there something I am missing? It's been several years since I have installed my current NwN copy that I play on, so I am not sure if I have missed something, or if there is a specific bug going on. What do ya think?

OverTheSeaToSkye

Re: Server Connection Issues...

Post by OverTheSeaToSkye » Sat May 27, 2017 10:44 pm

Active Chars:
Lily-Rose - Daughter of the Storm
In'iira Arab'afin - Woman of Many Talents

StoneSpiritus

Post by StoneSpiritus » Sun May 28, 2017 5:04 pm

Thank you! That definitely worked. I don't know how I missed that, I scoured our wiki and forums in an attempt to find out if there was a technical issue plaguing us, and had no luck. I told him this morning to try logging on at his place on his IP and he got right in. Thank you again. Sold another full time player!

OverTheSeaToSkye

Post by OverTheSeaToSkye » Sun May 28, 2017 5:53 pm

YAY! :)
Active Chars:
Lily-Rose - Daughter of the Storm
In'iira Arab'afin - Woman of Many Talents

Hin_Priestess

Post by Hin_Priestess » Mon May 29, 2017 2:05 am

I am suddenly having this trouble too and I have changed the port number several times to avail. I'm the only one using a connection in my network.

And added edit....

I reset my router to refresh my connection.. So changing the port number with that as well, has not worked. I did get a new router 2 months ago though. I opened all ports to allow gaming (as those were the only on-activities I had issues with it).

Would opening all TCP ports on my router/modem have an impact with this bug? Or is the cause still unknown?
Airean:
I've 99 problems in The Grove to solve, and you Arrinock, aren't one of them.

Hin_Priestess

Post by Hin_Priestess » Mon May 29, 2017 2:23 am

Not sure why... but rebooted the game the 20th time seemed to work. o.0
Airean:
I've 99 problems in The Grove to solve, and you Arrinock, aren't one of them.